We've all experienced Microsoft 365 being overprotective.
Let's look at three ways to whitelist HacWare domains to ensure your end-users receive the training emails.
How to Whitelist in EOP Anti-Spam Protection?
When an email is delivered, it passes through multiple layers of filtering.
Follow the steps below to ensure the training content successfully passes through these, it is delivered to the recipient.
- Open the Exchange Admin Center.
2. Select Mail Flow, then Rules, and click the + to add a rule
3. Click the Bypass Spam Filtering rule
5. Create a new rule by doing the following:
- Give the rule a name.
- Select the "sender domain is" option under the domain and specify the domain: hacware.com
Note: One rule is required for each domain.
6. Select the Set Confidence Level (SCL) as shown in the screenshot
7. Ensure Bypass spam filtering is enabled on the right.
Repeat the steps above for the 'urgentmailer.com' domain to be added.
You can read more about this feature here: Exchange Online Protection (EOP) overview - Office 365 | Microsoft Docs
How to Whitelist in EOP Anti-Phishing Protection?
HacWare's spoofing technology may trigger EOP Anti-Phishing and Anti-Spoofing protection. To ensure your users are trained to spot spoofed phishing emails, please follow the steps below.
- Open the Microsoft 365 Security Center.
- Select Email & collaboration
- Then Policy & rules
- Under Policy & rules, select Threat policies
5. Click the + Create
6. Give the policy an easy-to-find name and description so you know you add HacWare.com and urgentmailer.com
7. Add your own domain to apply the rule to your entire tenant.
8. Go to the Add trusted senders and domains and add the below:
You can read more about this feature here: Anti-phishing protection - Office 365 | Microsoft Docs
How to Whitelist in Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)?
ATP offers increased protection and investigation capabilities for potential breaches. To ensure the HacWare training emails are sent to the recipient, please follow the steps below.
- Open the 365 Admin Center
- Expand the Threat Management
- Select Policy
- Select Safe Links
- Create (or edit) a policy
- Give the policy a name and select the domain(s) to add.
- Enable URL checking for Outlook and Teams.
8. Select either the default notification or customize it to your needs.
You can read more about this feature here: Advanced Email Threat Protection | Microsoft Security
With these tips, you will ensure your users will be able to receive all their HacWare training emails. If you need further assistance, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com.
Learn more about HacWare at hacware.com. If you are a Managed Security Service provider (MSSP) or IT professional, we would love to automate your security education services, click here to learn more about our partner program.