Role: Junior Software Engineer
Type: Full Time
Environment: Candidate Preference (Remote or In-Office or Hybrid)
HacWare is an AI powered API that helps developers understand phishing risks and deploys hyper-custom training to change risky user behavior once and for all.
We are looking for a junior software engineer that has a strong software programming curiosity to work with the engineering team on building the next generation cybersecurity technology.
Here is a day in the life of a HacWare Jr. Software engineer:
- Works with the engineering team to code a global API that scales.
- Works on issues and contributes to projects which have high complexity.
- Identifies program critical success factors and drives the mitigation of significant issues and risks.
Required Soft Skills
- Exceptional execution skills, agile software development methodology and ability to drive throughout the product life-cycle, from concept to launch
- Experience defining, refining, and optimizing product development process across Product and Engineering, such that quality, velocity, and visibility are maximized.
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Creative thinker who thrives on solving challenging problems with analytical thinking skills.
- Get stuff done -- you love to move things forward, creatively work through challenges or blockers, and make decisions.
- Be detail-oriented, flexible, scrappy, and able to work in, contribute to, and thrive in an ever-changing fast-paced environment.
- Be able to excite and align people around a common goal and advocate for what matters
Required Technology Skills/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/work experience
- Must have experience with APIs, frameworks, and micro services.
- Must have experience with Python.
- Must have experience with MongoDB.
- Must have experience with developing on and configuring MacOS Operating systems.
- Preferred experience with NodeJS.
- Preferred experience with container infrastructures like Docker.
- Preferred experience with data mining concepts and algorithms.
- Preferred past performance in startup environments.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity options in a rapidly growing company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly technology (mobile phone/internet) allowance.
- Top-notch equipment setup.
- Unlimited vacation.
- "Think Week" Holiday (aka Holiday Shutdown).
- Generous paid parental and maternal leave policy.
- Access to our investor community, including network and mentorship programs. Our leadership (including a serial entrepreneur) places a high value on mentoring future leaders and entrepreneurs.
Interested? We're waiting to talk to you!
To apply for this role, click the button below. Then send your resume/CV and specify the role you are applying for.Send Resume Now