Role: Engineering Manager
Type: Full Time
Environment: Candidate Preference (Remote, In-Office or Hybrid)
HacWare is an A.I. powered API that helps developers understand phishing risks and deploys hyper-custom training to change risky user behavior once and for all.
We are looking for an engineering manager that has a strong software engineering background to work with the CEO and engineering team on building the next-generation cybersecurity technology.
Here is a day in the life of a HacWare Engineering Manager:
- Works with the CEO to understand technological opportunities and define software implementation.
- Acts as a product evangelist, leveraging strong verbal and presentation skills and working directly with customers/partners to evaluate and identify product requirements. Then translate that to the engineering team.
- Identifies skill sets to hire and interviews the software engineer candidates based on company goals.
- Evaluate the engineering team to ensure they are performing and understand how to execute tasks.
- Elevates the conversation with business partners to the strategic level, understanding strategic goals, KPIs and proposing plans to support them effectively.
- Works on issues and projects which have high complexity.
- Identifies program critical success factors and drives the mitigation of significant issues and risks.
Required Leadership Skills/Experience
Minimum of 4+ years of professional experience leading engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/work experience
- Deep experience in enterprise applications or APIs
- Exceptional execution skills, agile software development methodology, and ability to drive throughout the product life-cycle, from concept to launch
- Experience defining, refining, and optimizing software development processes across Engineering, such that quality, velocity, and visibility are maximized.
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strategic leadership with proven ability to set and communicate vision both internally and externally and identify/leverage relevant stakeholders.
- Function independently and as part of a team under aggressive deadlines in a (really) fast-paced environment, convey a strong professional image, exhibit interest and positive attitude toward all assigned work, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Creative thinker who thrives on solving challenging problems with analytical thinking skills.
- Strong technical acumen to oversee architects and engineers and proactively identify risks and issues.
- Gathering and transforming business requirements and market needs into a successful product strategy.
- Get stuff done -- you love to move things forward, creatively work through challenges or blockers, and make decisions.
- Be detail-oriented, flexible, scrappy, and able to work in, contribute to, and thrive in an ever-changing fast-paced environment.
- Be able to excite and align people around a common goal and advocate for what matters
Required Technology Skills/Experience
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in software product management or product design.
- 2+ years working with YouTrack or similar software management tools.
- Minimum 2 years experience working on technology-powered products as either an engineering manager, product manager, software engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Experience with data-driven decisions: building hypotheses and proving their validity with experimentation.
- Preferred experience with Artificial Intelligence (AI/ML) platforms.
- Preferred past performance in startup environments.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity options in a rapidly growing company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly technology (mobile phone/internet) allowance.
- Top-notch equipment setup.
- Unlimited vacation.
- "Think Week" Holiday (aka Holiday Shutdown).
- Generous paid parental and maternal leave policy.
- Access to our investor community, including network and mentorship programs. Our leadership (including a serial entrepreneur) places a high value on mentoring future leaders and entrepreneurs.
Interested? We're waiting to talk to you!
To apply for this role, click the button below. Then send your resume/CV and specify the role you are applying for.Send Resume Now